Become a Multicultural Education Program Diversity Facilitator
MEP workshops are facilitated by experienced campus diversity and social justice trainers who have gone through the MEP Training of Trainers program. We encourage those with interest and background to apply to join the facilitation team! Please check back for details about our next Training of Trainers. The training process for new facilitators is currently on hold due to COVID-19.
If you are interested in applying, below are the questions from the application.
You may wish to prepare your answers ahead of time, as there is no option to save and return for partially completed applications.
- Please share why you are interested in being a part of a team of MEP facilitators at UC Berkeley?
- Please provide some information about your experiences in designing and/or facilitating diversity educational workshops?
- When was the last workshop you facilitated? (topic and approximate date)
- Briefly describe a diversity education facilitation "nightmare" you experience and what you learned from it.
- What types of learning experiences have you participated in related to diversity/inclusion/multicultural education? Please share with us (up to 3) example(s) of learning experiences.
- What types of diversity education topics are you most comfortable facilitating? For what kinds of audiences?
- What is one book, podcast, video, film, etc. on a topic related to diversity or social justice that you have found particularly meaningful? Why?
- How would you describe your style as a facilitator?
In addtion to these questions, the application form asks for basic contact and background information and the names of two references.
Please note that the MEP facilitation team is only open to current members of the UC Berkeley community.
For more information, please contact Amy Scharf at email@example.com.