Become a Multicultural Education Program Diversity Facilitator
We encourage you to apply to be a MEP Diversity Facilitator! Applications for the 2018 training of trainers are due June 8, 2018.
Online Application Form
If you are interested in applying, below are the questions from the application.
You may wish to prepare your answers ahead of time, as there is no option to save and return for partially completed applications.
- Please share why you are interested in being a part of a team of diversity facilitators at UC Berkeley?
- Please provide some information about your experiences in designing and/or facilitating diversity educational workshops? Briefly include the following in your description(s):
- Who was the training for?
- Who was your audience?
- What was the content you presented?
- How long was the workshop?
- Did you facilitate by yourself or with others?
- When was the last workshop you facilitated?
- Please briefly describe a diversity education facilitation "nightmare" you experience and what you learned from it.
- What types of learning experiences have you participated in related to diversity/inclusion/multicultural education? Please share with us (up to 3) example(s) of learning experiences. Please include in your answer for each example:
- Name of experience
- When it occurred
- Length of learning experience (hours/days/weeks/semesters/years)
- What you learned from it (brief)
- What types of diversity education topics are you most comfortable facilitating? For what kinds of audiences?
- What is one book, podcast, video, film, etc. on a topic related to diversity or social justice that you have found particularly meaningful? Why?
- How would you describe your style as a facilitator?
In addtion to these questions, the application form asks for basic contact and background information and the names of two references.
For more information, please contact Sid Reel at 510.643.2846 or email@example.com.